4.7 vs 5.2

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 05:47:32 EDT

After having driven the Dak and the Dur [?] back to back, one thing I
have noticed is that the 4.7 seems like an awfully peppy motor compared
to my 5.2. I mean I know the numbers are better on paper, but I guess I
just assumed that since the they were of comparable mileage, age, and
size that the butt dyno would register about the same. Apparently the
extra weight of the Durango is much less of a hindrance than the big
tires on the Dak. I will say it seems to rev higher, but the Dak seems
to have to work harder to attain and maintain a given speed. Hmmmmm.

I have been going through a spell of "want a new toy-itis" lately,
looking at newer Daks, Ram's and just generally trying to convince
myself that there is no practical reason to trade off my beloved Dak for
something else. It didn't help that the GF wrecked the Dak a little
last week [nothing major, just mashed the brushguard]. I think the only
thing that has really put a damper on my enthusiasm is the fact that the
only thing for sale around here are Ram's [too big for my purposes] and
2wd V6 Dak's [too small for my purposes]. I guess the only thing I can
say in my defense is that I fully intend to buy as close to the same
configuration as I have now, and those seem to be few and far between....