RE: Getting tired of the single action tailgate.....

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2010 - 12:48:23 EDT

I wouldn't say I was off, Just went through this on my '94 which has the
same style latches as my '00. Pulled the access panel for he scissor
mechanism and it was working great, but lubed it anyways. On my '94, it was
only the passenger side that wasn't latching. Pulled the latch mechanism
out greased it up with the white lithium grease and worked great after that.
I couldn't get the stuff sprayed in where it needed to go without pulling
the mechanism out. It's not hard to do.

brian cropp