Re: Error Code 0051

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 10:30:13 EDT

Jason A Banta <jason.banta@louisville.edu> wrote:

> Above code tripped earlier this week, can anyone tell me where this
> sensor is located on a 01 4.7 Quad Cab 4x4.

Sorry for the delayed reply; figured I would post in case it is still
of any use to you. P0051 refers to a malfunction of the heater
circuit of the bank 2 upstream oxygen sensor. This would be located
on the passenger side leg of the Y pipe, before the pre-cat. I
believe it will be just a few inches below where the passenger side of
the Y-pipe connects to the exhaust manifold.

--
                                          -Jon-