Re: interesting Dakota...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 09:23:36 EDT

On 26-Oct, 2010, at 08:30 , Zito, James A (GE Energy Services) wrote:

> Mike
> the Cummins blew a head gasket...
>
> Dayun Mike, if it wasn't for bad vehicle luck you'd have no luck at
> all!!!! ;-O

true story!

but it /did/ get me home towing heavy 250 miles from PA, and then 25 miles to a 4x4 club board meeting, and blew on a 7 mile trip from there to a friend's house to borrow a small trailer from him to run down to PA with the next night. So with opportunities to strand me 200 miles away on Sunday and Tuesday it chose to go out on Monday, right behind the 10k trailer I was going to borrow that was still hooked to his Cummins dually. So instead of borrowing his trailer to go get a wrecked Tracker for a buggy motor, I borrowed his truck TOO and dropped my pile off at home before getting the Tracker and going to my meeting in Shamokin. Bad luck in the best of ways is how I roll!

Unfortunately my parts store hookup can't get the head studs or Cummins gasket I want, so I'll be paying retail prices.... sadpanda.

Mike
if it ain't broke fix it until it is!