Tonneau

Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 02:04:27 EDT

Well, I picked up an Access "Vanish" soft tonneau today for my '95
Dakota. Here's some pics, ignore how dirty my truck is, I had to go to
my Dad's to install it and the roads are all mud out there right now:

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tonneau/tonneau01.jpg
http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tonneau/tonneau02.jpg
http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tonneau/tonneau03.jpg
http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tonneau/tonneau04.jpg
http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/tonneau/tonneau05.jpg

It's pretty darn flat and tight. I had to loosen the adjusters by 1
turn to get it to close.

I also fixed my courtesy lamps. I originally thought it was the door
switches and lose a wire replacing the driver's side. I've been driving
around with a piece of tape over the hole, heh. I finally fished it
out... there's a tiny hole near the e-brake mechanism that let me fit a
finger into the body cavity where it fell, and after 20+min of fighting
it, I got it back through. I figured it was the relay, which plugs into
the fuse block, so I picked one up.

I got under there and found the stupid relay was completely missing, I
suspect it failed in the "on" position and some genious decided to save
10 bucks and just remove the relay and turn the lamps on manually.
<facepalm> I dread working on this thing anymore as I find all sort of
redneck shortcuts. I had to take the lower dash apart just to get room
to plug the relay back in.

As a side note, anyone know what the heck these connectors are that are
coming out of my steering column?

http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/weird_connectors.jpg

Some day I'll have this thing in the condition that I don't have to be
scared every time I work on it. ;)

M.B.