Re: Maybe the mechanic was right, I do need tires...

Date: Fri Nov 26 2010 - 23:16:18 EST

I'm assuming 4x4 considering your weather conditions, and an OE tire
size of 235/75/15, but...

For the low end, a Kumho A/T tire for $86/tire + shipping:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+AT+KL78&partnum=375SR5KL78OWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=1994&autoModel=Dakota%204wd&autoModClar=

The Yoko Geolandar A/T-S for $89 is a good deal too:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+A%2FT-S&partnum=375SR5GEOATSOWLV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=1994&autoModel=Dakota%204wd&autoModClar=

For mid-range the General Tire Grabber AT 2 is like a BFG A/T with
deeper tread for a lower price ($105/tire):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=375SR5GRAT2OWLLT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=1994&autoModel=Dakota%204wd&autoModClar=

On the high end we have a Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 for $122/tire:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2&partnum=375TR5REVO2OWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=1994&autoModel=Dakota%204wd&autoModClar=

Or if you want to pay for the brand name, the classic BFG All-terrain
T/A KO for $126/tire:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO&partnum=375SR5ATAKORWLV2&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=1994&autoModel=Dakota%204wd&autoModClar=

Shipping is a beast on these tires I know, but you avoid sales taxes and
you're going to pay the same high price for a mount/balance in most
stores these days if you buy the tires from them or not...

With Tire rack I don't often consider going to local tire stores
anymore, their markup is just too high and then they hit you with the
$16-18/tire mounting fee on top of it and then add sales tax.

And of course, Costco has it's perpetual $75 off a set of 4 Bridgestones
deal if there's one in your area if you want to stay local.

M.B.