Re: Maybe the mechanic was right, I do need tires...

Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 22:47:56 EST

I've got 30x9.5x15 on my truck, fit fine. I like 'em due to the
increased height, around here it comes in handy, especially when the
snow plow buries your driveway and you don't much feel like digging the
ice chunks out of your driveway after a long shift at work.

Of course, the downside is somewhat more weight, a higher center of
gravity, and an overall taller gear ratio as the 30x9.5x15 is about
1.25" taller than the 235/75R15's. On a 4x4 truck though it doesn't
bother me though.

I probably would have tried 31x10.5x15 but I got these Hankook mud tires
(a mild mud tire) off Craigslist for cheap. Plus I'd want wider rims,
the truck had 31's on it when I bought it but the inner tread was much
more worn than the outer tread on the stock chrome wheels.

M.B.