Re: dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnn!!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 14:07:18 EST

On 30-Nov, 2010, at 12:28 , jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>> it's getting an '02 24v to replace the stock '97 12v. same fuel
>> pump, will still be 100% mechanical. Lots of stuff to swap from one
>> motor to the other. the 12v was already a beast, this should flow
>> better being a 24v; not sure how it'll impact power and economy
>> since the rest will be essentially the same as it was.
>

> Cool! I was wondering if you might go the 24v route. I didn't know
> how much of a hassle it would be though since I'm not really up on the
> differences, as far as how different the wiring, ECU, etc. might be.
> Sounds like the way you are going is to have the truck still think its
> running a 12v?

After a friend of mine went through thousands of dollars chasing what turned out to be a bad ECU, I don't want a stock 24v and all its electronics and picky injection pump and poor stock lift pump design. With lots of parts-swapping it'll essentially be the same as stock setup, with a different head.

Mike