Re: dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnn!!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 12:28:33 EST

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On 20-Nov, 2010, at 00:26 , jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

>> If he holds true to form, dare I ask what is in store for the Ram's
>> engine bay? I'm picturing clouds of soot and 4 digit torque
>> numbers... :-)

> I just can't leave anything stock :)

> it's getting an '02 24v to replace the stock '97 12v. same fuel
> pump, will still be 100% mechanical. Lots of stuff to swap from one
> motor to the other. the 12v was already a beast, this should flow
> better being a 24v; not sure how it'll impact power and economy
> since the rest will be essentially the same as it was.

Cool! I was wondering if you might go the 24v route. I didn't know
how much of a hassle it would be though since I'm not really up on the
differences, as far as how different the wiring, ECU, etc. might be.
Sounds like the way you are going is to have the truck still think its
running a 12v?

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you found a motor and will
hopefully be up and running again soon!

--
                                          -Jon-