Won't start after Wiring mod

From: maggie11@mchsi.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 2010 - 18:23:51 EST

BOB writes:

Hey Guys...

I have an electrical problem

I was doing some wiring of a new underhood fuse block with a coule
relays for my elec fan and inverter...

Everything was fine and when I went back to turn the key to on to check
my fan operation....everything was dead. I looked at my under hood large
fuses and found the 40 AMP ING SW (number 7) to be blown. I replaced it
and I believe it blew again. I then moved 40 AMP ING SW STARTER (number
8) to the number 7 spot on still no start. I believe you need both of
those fuses to start.

The very odd thing is ........Now with number 7, 8 & 9 (ABS PUMP) out,
I turned my ignition switch to the on position and on the way back to
off the horn beeped

The switch was off and the horn continued to blow until I disconnected
the + wire that feeds the fuse box....... WTF

Tomorrow I will replace all 3 fuses but what would cause the horn to
blow continuois???

This did happen with my 10 amp battery charger hooked up charging my
main battery.

I disconnected all my battery's in case of a short.....

Anyone have any idea's..... Jon?

Well I'm not Jon but the 1st thing I'd do is disconnect the additional
wiring I just installed..Usually when we do modifications and encounter
problems such as you're experiencing the problem lies within the confines
of the mods we just completed.. If the problem still exist after undoing
the mod, obviously there is another problem that you will just have to
trace out..
Good luck
Azie