Re: 46RH to 46RE??

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 07 2011 - 12:59:18 EST

SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:

> Ok, lets say someone has a 46RH transmission from a 95 dak and wants to put it
> in a newer Dak that runs the 46RE trans... In theory you should only need to
> swap valve bodies correct??

    Another option might be to find somebody with a 46RE and arrange a
trade. :-) (I purchased a 318/46RE combo that came out of a rolled
Grand Cherokee a couple of years ago, but I would actually prefer a
46RH because the plan was to use it and the motor in the "Baby Blue"
van that I got from Bob Tom.) If the 46RH is in good condition, able
to be bolted in and used as-is, I'd certainly be willing to consider a
trade. If you are interested in contemplating something like that,
just let me know and I can dig through my old e-mails to see what info
I have about the trans like what was the year of the Jeep, how many
miles are on it, etc.

    Alternatively, if anybody knows what it would take to convert a
46RE to a 46RH, I'd be interested in that also. If its as simple as
swapping valve bodies, maybe Tom and I can mail some parts back and
forth until he has a 46RE and I have a 46RH? :-)

--
                                          -Jon-