Re: 46RH to 46RE??

From: John Dunlap (jsdunlap@roadkill.org)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2011 - 18:42:52 EST

OK, here's my deal...how do I find out which tranny I have...'98, 4x4,
5.2L (crew type cab) 2dr
is it very much involved to swap to a standard 4 or 6 speed with the
4x4 ? or is the stock trans
good for all sorts of usage. I never go offroading as in hill climbing
or such, it mostly gets it's hard
work on a small farm where it might tow a trailer etc. I had a shift
kit installed about 8yrs ago and
it's getting weak again.
Also, had to pull through some soft mud the other day and pulled all
the way down to 4L and only
got 3 tires to spin, left front just sat there. What kind of problem
might I be looking at. I feel I can
work on most everything except auto trans, so I would appreciate some
feedback.
Thanks,
John