Re: K&M maintenance.....

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2011 - 20:52:46 EST

  On 2/18/2011 12:05 AM, conv442@earthlink.net wrote:
> Ok the air filter is or will be soon in need of cleaning and recharge.
> A long while back I bought the K&N maintenance kit. Well the issue is the "detergent" ran out but I've still got a ton of the oil.
>
> So the question is can I just wash the filter with dish soap and oil it up or will the dish soap eat the fabric?
>
> Jim
> with a once again temperature controled engine, that is still mising 2 pistons

I have always used dish soap on mine and never noticed any
deterioration. I just fill up a spray bottle with warm water and give a
couple of healthy squirts of soap in there and go to town. I saw a
thing somewhere about a guy using a small bucket with warm water and
dish soap to clean a cone K&N via immersion, and letting it soak for a
bit, but that seems a bit too much like work....