Re: Ram brand (was: Dodge Ram on Craigs)

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2011 - 22:54:56 EST

IIRC, many years ago, Dodge was sold in Canada as Fargo and Plymouth was still
sold under the DeSoto brand name. Had something to do with Canada wanting
vehicles that were unique to Canadian manufacturing. Even though they were built
on the same assembly line in Detroit, they just changed the brand name on the
cars as they rolled along.