Re: HVAC Bulb

From: Eric (huffy340@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2011 - 09:09:39 EST

They don't look the same to me.

> >>> http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=319236

The rock auto one looks like it is inserted bulb first so you wouldn't see the bulb once mounted. See the contacts on the bulb side of the part?

> >> http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/sdoherma/Ramheater_bulb/DSC_0004Small.jpg

This one is inserted base first (i assume with contacts on the
bottom) so the glass sticks out.

But it could be that this is shaped like the rock auto one and sticks *through* the mount on the pcb.

> > Uhm, that looks like the same bulb dude... the *picture* is
> > bigger...

> They have that bulb described as the turn signal bulb.
> Admittedly, I haven't pulled out my turn signal bulb and looked
> at it, but I doubt it is as small as the bulb i need. If it is
> the bulb I need, it is poorly described and poorly illustrated.
> How can I be sure that is the one?

I suppose it would help to pull the one from the PCB out and have a
better look.