Re: Body swap

From: Bird Snuff (birdsnuff@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 09:41:22 EST

One detail to be aware of in the body swap - the '95 should have a computer
(airbag & maybe other functions) mounted at the top/center of the firewall,
accessible from inside the truck (behind the dash). I did a 93/95 body swap
and found that the 93 didn't have this computer (no airbags), but had a
different electronics module located on the sidewall of the passenger side
footwell. Assuming the 92 to have the same layout as the 93 (I can't say
for sure), it should be easy to mount the 93 module in the same location in
the 95 footwell - might just have to drill a few holes. (Going the other
way - using a 92 body on a 95 truck - would be the more complicated way to
go, as the earlier models don’t have the mounting bracket & firewall recess
feature needed to hold the 95's airbag computer - it needs to be cut out of
the older truck & grafted into the new one.)

PM me for pictures if they'll be helpful.

Joe in PA