Re: Re: Body swap

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 11:39:14 EST

On 3/7/2011 8:41 AM, Bird Snuff wrote:

> One detail to be aware of in the body swap - the '95 should have a
> computer (airbag & maybe other functions) mounted at the top/center of
> the firewall, accessible from inside the truck (behind the dash). I did
> a 93/95 body swap and found that the 93 didn't have this computer (no
> airbags), but had a different electronics module located on the sidewall
> of the passenger side footwell. Assuming the 92 to have the same layout
> as the 93 (I can't say for sure), it should be easy to mount the 93
> module in the same location in the 95 footwell - might just have to
> drill a few holes. (Going the other way - using a 92 body on a 95 truck
> - would be the more complicated way to go, as the earlier models don’t
> have the mounting bracket & firewall recess feature needed to hold the
> 95's airbag computer - it needs to be cut out of the older truck &
> grafted into the new one.)
>
> PM me for pictures if they'll be helpful.
>
> Joe in PA

That wouldnt be a problem at all, as long as the entire truck is swapped
over. We're talking about taking the entire body off a good 2wd truck
and putting the whole thing on a 4x4 frame. Basically swapping frames
only. (something I know a little about) Airbags and the like won't be
an issue with that sort of thing.

Now, if I only needed a body, and had a solid frame... my life would be
so much easier. *sigh*

--
terribletom