Re: Re: RE: Engine Swap?

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 19:40:00 EDT

Internals are similar... rods, crank and the pistons are the same, but
your cam, lifters, pushrods, and rockers are different. Magnums have
a roller cam, LA blocks have a flat tappet cam. You can use the
roller cams in a LA block, but the lifters are pricey.

You can use magnum heads on a LA block, but you need to change your
pushrods and lifters. The LA blocks oiled the heads through the
block, but the magnums oiled the heads through the pushrods, so you
need the lifters and pushrods that have the oil passages in them.
Plus you'll need to run a magnum intake.

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!