Re: Re: RE: Engine Swap?

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2011 - 12:03:04 EDT

>>> Does the similarities hold tru for the standard 318 & the Magnum 5.2L V8
>>> ? I
> was wondering about the internals. Rod journals, rods, pistons, etc. and
> what about the heads?? I understand the Magnum heads flow much better ?<<

What Gary said is spot on. Putting Magnum heads on LA engines is becoming
more and more popular since Magnum heads flow so well and tend to be much
cheaper than aftermarket LA heads. Magnum 318 and 360 heads are the same.
(except they have different casting numbers...) They also come with 1.6:1
roller rockers from the factory whereas LA heads come with 1.5:1s = more
lift from the Magnum heads. The only real issue with Magnum heads is they
looooooove to crack between the valve seats.

- miggity

00' R/T CC.
DMLer since 1996.