Re: 2011 DML BBQ alternatives?

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 11:19:47 EDT

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:59, <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

>    Ok, I know I pulled this last year too, but I don't think I'm
> going to be able to do the BBQ this year either.  I've got a couple of
> construction projects going on and am moving the shop all around, and
> I do not see any possibility of being done with this by the time the
> BBQ rolls around, so I figured its better to beg off now and that will
> give us some time to make alternate plans, if desired.
>
>    One thing that comes to mind is instead of the BBQ, we could have
> a DML get-together at another event like we used to back in the day,
> for example Carlisle, PA in July or the Mopar Nats in Columbus, OH in
> August?  I haven't been to the Nats in forever, and it would be nice
> to catch up with Ray and company.  :-)

Carlisle is July 8-10 (if that saves anyone from looking it up).

I'll be vaguely in the neighborhood that weekend, arriving in south
Jersey on the 9th, but my route won't take me near Carlisle and I
don't think I can convince anyone that I should take a 400-mile day
trip on the 10th out to Carlisle and back.