2011 DML BBQ alternatives?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 10:59:58 EDT

    Ok, I know I pulled this last year too, but I don't think I'm
going to be able to do the BBQ this year either. I've got a couple of
construction projects going on and am moving the shop all around, and
I do not see any possibility of being done with this by the time the
BBQ rolls around, so I figured its better to beg off now and that will
give us some time to make alternate plans, if desired.

    One thing that comes to mind is instead of the BBQ, we could have
a DML get-together at another event like we used to back in the day,
for example Carlisle, PA in July or the Mopar Nats in Columbus, OH in
August? I haven't been to the Nats in forever, and it would be nice
to catch up with Ray and company. :-)

    Another possibility, if people want to keep to a "BBQ-esque"
experience (mild offroading, sitting around a campfire) would be to
find an alternate location and host for this year.

    It just struck me that the National meet was 5 years ago exactly,
so we could even consider it an unofficial 15th anniversary meet.
;-) Speaking of which, we should probabably think about doing
something big again in 4 or 5 years for the 20th anniversary! (The
DML was started in 11/95 so we could either do it a few months early
in 2015 or the next summer in 2016 like we did for the 10th in 2006.)

    Anyhoo, sorry to do this to everyone again! Definitely plan on
the BBQ being back at DML HQ for 2012 though!

    If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or thoughts, please spout 'em
here. :-)

    Thanks!

--
                                          -Jon-