RE: Old Daks

From: Brian Cropp (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2011 - 13:19:01 EDT

Got part of my '99 R/T I custom ordered from the factory. Picked it up
March 1999. Totaled it in Aug 2002 with 120K miles on it. Bought it back
from insurance, parted it out and turned the frame/bed into a trailer which
I still have. Then picked up a 2000 R/T which I still have. Just rolled
over 125K miles. Not much left from the factory. Has the factory
powersteering pump from my '99 on it with no signs of problems. But most of
the factory parts replaced weren't because they were broke or worn out, just
replaced to upgrade. 4.10 gears, Powertrax locker, race built tranny, 2600
stall converter, stock block bored .030, stock crank, everything else on
motor replaced/upgraded. Hotchkis suspension, poly bushings in the front,
greasable ball joints, hubs replaced, new radiator just to have a new one.
Aftermarket tranny cooler, electric fan upgrade. Very little rust, but I
take pretty good care of it.