RE: Old Daks

From: Mark Jackson (stencil1301@msn.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2011 - 10:27:36 EDT

> From: maggie11@mchsi.com
> To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
> Subject: DML: Old Daks
> Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:39:55 -0500
>

> Bob writes: >> do any of you guys still have the
> dak you had 10 years ago? <<
>
> Yes!! Two of them as a matter of fact!!
>
> '89 V6 Auto lwb (almost 400Kmiles & still kicking
> with 2 tranny rebuilds) Bought new in '89.
>
> '95 V8 Auto Ext Cab(388K miles rebuilt eng @ 350K)
> Both are 2wd. Bought in '96 with 6K on it.
>
> Face your past without regret.
> Handle your present with confidence.
> Prepare for the future without fear.
>
> Azie

I still have mine. First and only one I've ever owned. 2000 QC w/5.9 V8 (I hate going to Autozone for parts). Anywhoo...just it has roughly 142.9K miles on it. Same engine, same transmission, rear. I've replaced: water pump, radiator, cooland filler neck/upper radiator hoses (TWICE), and a power steering pump hose. I swapped the 15in rims for 17in rims. Everything else is pretty much stock including the radio and the blown out speakers that gave out about 7 years ago. (yeah I know, I'm slow to upgrade). Check engine light was just serviced, O2 sensor, and an electrical short that fried the elec fan, and wiring all the way back to the computer (which also needed to be replaced). I did rent a 2011 Ram QC while mine was in the shop. It was a little different, took a little time to get used to the larger size. But I got better gas mileage with a full size truck and that cylinder shut down enhancement.

Overall, I love my dak. I'm going to drive it until it's 50% held together with duct tape. BTW, if anyone is interested in those 15in rims in the DFW area....drop me an email.

Mark