Re: Old Daks

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 10:49:52 EDT

On 4/23/2011 10:35 AM, Robert Smith wrote:

> <>do any of you guys still have the dak you had 10 years ago?<>
>
> I've got the only one I ever bought. Picked it up on 17 Dec 99. It was
> my getting a divorce present to myself.
> 166.5K miles...
> lotta rust...
> marks her territory with various fluids...
> 4th set of tires...
> 2nd clutch...
> 4th water pump...
> 3th set of front rotors...
> 2nd set of rear drums...
> 4th set of U-joints...
> 3rd set of ball joints...
> 2nd distributor...
> 3rd crank position sensor... 4th windshield..
> 2nd heater core.
> 2nd alternator...
> 55th oil filter...
> etc.

Bought Christine with a blown rod bearing in 2001 replaced the following:

engine
tierods
ball joints
torsion bars
4 shocks
rear brake lines
drivers side CV axle

Prior to going to the DML BBQ in 2002, I replaced:

front pads and rotors
transmission rebuilt
Sil-Blade Wipers! (remember those? - Still have em on there)

After coming back from the 2002 DML BBQ I replaced:

Some where around this time the drivers side door was "altered"

front hub assembly
starter

Moved to Wisconsin and replaced:

front timing chain
then ended up swapping engines with the 2wd Silver89 because the reman
motor was burning oil from sucking in water at the 02 BQ

Went to the DML BBQ in 2003... heh...

After getting it home from there I have:

had the A500 rebuilt twice.. once by a guy who didnt know what he was
doing - once by a guy who did.

Changed directions and swapped in a 46RH transmission requiring a
different cross member and transmission mount.

Replaced the premag V6 with a Magnum 318 V8
a custom hack job consisting of a 99 engine, 95 transmission and cross
member, 93 Dak wide bore exhaust manifolds, 89 engine mounts, 88 Ram 318
Throttle Body and injectors with a custom Steiger Performance TBI to
4BBL adapter plate, Edelbrock AIR-Gap Magnum intake manifold, 88 Ram
SMEC unit, 91 Dak distributor, cap and rotor, twin thermostatically
controlled electric cooling fans,

another front hub assembly
new radiator
tierods
tierod adjusters
ball joints
all new brake lines
all new fuel lines
two fuel pumps
a few fuel filters
new CV axles under warranty (forgot why those for replaced)
power steering gear box
front brake calipers
rear brake cylinders
rear brake hardware
rear brake shoes
rear brake drums
all new exhaust

With all that I can remember and quite a bit more I can't... I did the
numbers in my head... I would be surprised if I have even put 10,000
miles on the truck since I bought it. I'll have to try and find the
bill of sale to confirm the mileage.

--
terribletom