RE: Serpentine belt - anybody understand NAPA pricing?

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 15:54:09 EDT

Have you checked the price of boxes these days? What a deal.

Seriously, take a look at Rockauto.com for your belt. Tensioners do wear
out too but you should probably hear some unusual noise as an indication.
Likewise with the idler pulley. To determine if either pulley needs
replacement in the absence of noise, remove the belt and spin by hand both
pulleys. If there is no noise, wobbling or roughness involved they are
probably ok.

Hope this saves you a few bucks.

Ray

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4182 when it was sent, using
definitions version 9144