EGR

From: Jamie C (jamie12ga@gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 20:45:24 EDT

I'm rebuilding a '96 318 and installing an M1 intake I got just about for
free. Right now the M1 has the EGR blocked. What are the pro/cons of just
blocking the egr port on the exhaust manifold and getting rid of the tank
and associated lines. I know I would have to keep the electrical part
hooked up so it doesn't throw a code. We don't have inspections in FL.
Would this negatively affect gas mileage?
Don't the later 3.9's, 5.2's and 5.9'd do away with egr?
Thanks,
James