Re: Rear main brake line

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 14:18:40 EDT

On 17-May, 2011, at 09:40 , Michael Maskalans wrote:

> nyone remember off the top of their head the spec for the rear main brake line, and where the junction is? '98 club cab. I remember from my SAS that I had to do some craziness with the rear brake line, either the Ford or Dodge side was metric and I had to throw a wrong fitting on and reflare. wish I remembered better.

Wasn't a big deal at all.

It's one piece from the factory, all the way from the 90" angle on the frame in the LF wheel well to the rear soft line. 137" or so.

3/16" line, dodge side is M10x1 thread Ford side for me is 3/8-24.

Whole process is VASTLY easier when you just walk into the back of the store and compare parts. I was looking forward to buying all predone pieces but they had no couplers in stock, so I bought line and flared it. About 4 hours start to finish including getting the old line out.

Didn't do a perfect job bleeding but good enough to get me through one trip. It'll be like a whole new truck with the recently cleaned IAC and no more stalling/near stall issues!

Mike