Re: Re: Engine/Transmission options

From: Jim (conv442@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 24 2011 - 01:20:43 EDT

>From Ken Allgood
Thanks for the info. I'm really wondering if it's really a spun bearing at
this point. It went from running perfectly fine to knocking. Oil pressure
reads fine, though when I checked it before getting it towed, it was low
(not sure I even had any come up on the dipstick). Going to add some oil to
it, start it up, see what it does.

Could just be a lifter tapping because it doesn't have enough oil.
I was getting close to my change and even with the plenum gasket problem
solved, my 3.9 eats oil think mainly through the crankcase ventilation
system, and i was off the stick. And I had an evil tap start up, dropped a
qt of oil in there and it was fine.

Jim
03 Dak full time 2wd and 210k