Broken 4 wheel drive

From: Andrew Kelsey (ajkelsey@grandroyal.org)
Date: Fri May 27 2011 - 15:57:18 EDT

I posted about 5-6 months ago about my 4 wheel drive making a terrible
noise. The first mechanic I took it to said I need my front
differential replaced for a cost of roughly $2,200. I wound up taking
it elsewhere for a second opinion. Just had the work done. All it took
was a new driver's side axle and the CV joint on the drive shaft was
replaced. Good as new and it only cost $400. :) Just thought I'd give
an update. Not sure what the motivation of the first shop was because
they didn't seem to think I would have the work done given the age of
the vehicle.

--
-Andrew Kelsey
  E-mail: ajkelsey@grandroyal.org