Re: RE: Knocking Dak

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 02:43:59 EDT

On 5/25/2011 9:20 PM, Ken Allgood wrote:

> Ding ding! We have a winner!!!
>
> http://members.cox.net/kenallgood/dakota/S1070002.JPG
>
> I had wondered if that was it, and was going to check it before I actually
> did anything, and sure enough, that's what I found! I managed to get it
> back on and start it up, and sounded good! I'm going to have to go back and
> adjust it because I couldn't remember quite the right way to adjust it once
> it's TDC, but I found the info... Too bad it's too dark out. But, I did
> start it up with the covers off and it slightly torque down, and it ran just
> fine. Hopefully if it doesn't rain when I get home from work, I'll be able
> to adjust it real quick and get everything back on and take it for a ride.
>
> Ken Allgood

Holy crap man... I listened to the vids and that sound was much
freaking louder than any "ticking" lifters I've ever heard. Had bad
lifters in both Christine's original premag V6 engine... and the 2.9L V6
power plant in my old 87 Ranger beater... a motor notorious for lifters
making a racket.

I knew it had to be more than a collapsed or stuck lifter.

Glad ya got er figured out...

--
terribletom