RE: 4.7 sucks for towing

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 09:39:57 EDT

Hmmm, mine tows just fine. 2000 4.7L Grand Cherokee 4x4, 3.73 gears,
trailer tow pkg. Trailer is tilt ramp type and Dak bed was loaded for a
combined weight of about 6,000 lbs. The Jeep is rated for 6500 lbs. It
was filled with gear too.

Drove 5000 miles round trip from OH to CA for a week of racing. There's
some serious mountains out there too! Jeep never broke a sweat. Didn't
even have a problem with the mountains using cruise control and it seldom
downshifted into second. It would unlock the converter though. Averaged
11.5 mpg for the entire trip. Most of time I ran 65-70 mph but did hit 80
for a while in New Mexico. :)

Here's a picture from the trip...

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/rtxpres/?action=view
<http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/rtxpres/?action=view¤t=P_theri
g.jpg> &current=P_therig.jpg

Ray

This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.4194 when it was sent, using
definitions version 9748