RE: Re: Distributor Installation

From: Brian Cropp (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2011 - 11:11:19 EDT

Check the rotor alignment before you put the cap on. Is the rotor pointing
at the #1 position marked on the cap? Also before you drop the distributor
in, the oil pump drive slot should have been angled to where it's pointing
towards the drivers side lower forward head bolt. Even doing everything at
what I thought was right I ended up 180 out the last time I pulled my cam.
Depending on what timing chain set you are using the marks line up
differently. I had a Cloyes True double roller and couldn't find the
instructions for it online so used the instructions for a regular Cloyes
timing chain and it was wrong. It's also different than the stock timing
chain set.