Re: RE: O2 Sensor Issue

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2011 - 10:31:51 EDT

On 18-Jul, 2011, at 17:24 , Ray Block wrote:

> The throttle body doesn't blow air into
> the engine; the engine sucks what it needs, no more. I'd think a vacuum
> leak is a much more likely culprit.

I'm with Ray on this one.

The only throttle body-related thing I could think may cause issues is if the TPS is way out of whack and it's off the fueling map before it's able to trim it rich enough but I find that HIGHLY unlikely. Easy test would be to reset those codes, unplug the TPS and see if those two come back or if it only gives you TPS codes when running off default values. That should be a fair test, right?

Could theoretically be a bad MAP sensor too. Fuel trim runs off O2, MAP, IAT and TPS. If any of them are angry it can throw things off. I'm a big fan of unplugging things one at a time and forcing the computer to use default values to diagnose bad parts :)

Mike