Re: AC Question

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 10:08:14 EDT

On 21-Jul, 2011, at 18:40 , Barry Oliver wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:
>
>> Personally if I were you I'd blow out the condenser coil and remove and drain the compressor, Mike
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

Unhook the lines, compressed air on the condenser; remove and tip the compressor and spin it to drain.

if you blow out the evap coil and replace the accumulator as well, you'd have a known-empty system and be able to add the correct empty system amount of PAG oil. Definitely replace the fixed orifice tube at the same time too.

> I have given up on finding the leak, theres enough UV dye scattered all over my engine it looks like it went to it's own orgy... but it takes a year to bleed out where I have to add new...

Time to give it a bath, Barry!

A bad schrader valve wouldn't surprise me with that slow a leak.

Mike