Re: AC Question

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 18:40:24 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> Personally if I were you I'd blow out the condenser coil and remove and drain the compressor,
> Mike

Is there an easy way to do this? I try to recharge with dry HFC-134
[gotta love Office Depot canned "air"] most times, but occasionally I
have to use the "with oil" stuff. I am thinking if I can drain it
myself the next time I run out, then take it somewhere to pull the
vacuum, then add my own... I have given up on finding the leak, theres
enough UV dye scattered all over my engine it looks like it went to it's
own orgy... but it takes a year to bleed out where I have to add new...