RE: Re: Little tube thingy on the end of the starter: what is (was) it?

From: knox.james@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun Jul 24 2011 - 20:49:03 EDT

Hi Tom : This Little Tube thingy has been very interesting to many of us since you started the thread . I now wonder if the starter designers predicted that some Dakotas would motor below the surface of bodies of water .Are the baffles in the Tubey to prevent reverse flow?

Thanks Jon for researching the patent . Now I'm Baffled :-)

Jim : 91 Dak