Off topic Q's

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2011 - 13:44:38 EDT

My wife has a 2002 Jaguar Vanden Plas All aluminum
4.0L V8.. Best road car I've ever been in & I love to drive
it. Lately it has overheated on 2 seperate occasions. Once
before I changed the T'stat & once after I changed it
(today).. It has to be the radiator not sufficiently transfering
the heat. Here goes with my Q.. Has anyone ever used CLR
around or in aluminum?? It states plainly on the container
not for use on aluminum.. However, I used it once in my '95
Dakota that has an aluminum water pump & if I'm not
mistaken it also has an aluminum radiator. It cleaned the
radiator sufficiently to keep the truck from overheating again
& I still have the same rediator in it & the same water pump
on it. I drive it all the time. Keep in mind that after I ran the
truck/engine for a full day(approx 65 miles with 50 being
highway), I flushed it out thouroughly. & then flushed it out
again the next week..
Too pull the radiator in the Jag, the manual says you have to
pull it with the A/C Condensing coil as a unit & that requires
evacuating the A/C system.
I want to empty a container of CLR into the radiator & drive
the car around for a day or so & put about 50-60 miles on
it & then flush it out a couple of times. What are the chances
of doing big $$$ worth of damage to the internals of the
all aluminum engine?????
Any & All opinions appreciated, but especially those that have
experience with CLR & aluminum!!!!!!!
Car has 133K+ miles on it.

Have a great day, feed your Faith and
soon your doubts will starve to death!