Re: %$#%$ Oil Sending Units

Date: Fri Sep 30 2011 - 21:14:56 EDT

On 9/30/2011 8:14 AM, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On 29-Sep, 2011, at 21:28 , M.B. wrote:
>
>> Long story short, it never got really low on oil and the pressure never really dropped much. They had to drain some oil out as the oil they added in the parking lot prior to pulling it in had over-filled it. The oil light was flickering because the sending unit was shot to hell.
> I'd call that one awesome luck right there!

Yeah, I was pretty scared when that happened. I'd love to drop a 360
and a built transmission into it but not right now thanks. Maybe when
my Dad's shop get it's lift installed. ;)

With my steering popping noise ID'ed and the front diff re-sealed maybe
I can finally reinstall my front skidplate. Winter is coming and last
winter the Dak saw it's fair share of having to jump snow berms to make
it to work.

Makes me wonder how much of my oil leak was the valve covers oozing and
how much of it was the oil sending unit.