Pwr steering woes

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 10:54:32 EDT

Jason B writes:: >> I have the estimate at home. They
said they didn't carry those parts, and they were only
available from the dealership parts department. From
memory, it was something like $260 for one hose, $240
for the other, and $275 for labor.

I haven't had much luck tracking down the Mopar part
numbers online, but Wyckoff has the pressure hose for
$135.00 and three different options for the return hose,
one at $82.35 and two of them listed at $153.90. I'm not
sure what the difference is. (For a 2001 4.7 4x4 with the
aux cooler.) <<

Don't you have a local shop that fabricates Hyd hoses??
Call them up & see if an arrangement can be made that
they will fab 1 up while you wait & remove it from the
vehicle & take it to them @ the appointed time......
I'd think that $25 would be max for a high pressure side
hose for power steering of any type..

Don't worry about old age-
it doesn't last that long....

Azie