was: R/T Wheels

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2011 - 19:30:05 EST

M B wrote:

> Looks like someone in the Spokane WA area is selling a set of Dakota R/T
> wheels for $375/set on Craigslist:
>
> http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/2701947821.html

The DML... Finding creative ways to spend other peoples money since....

Ok, I am hoping I just did a good thing. I have needed a 5th 17" rim
for a couple of years, ever since I got those rims from Mike. Somehow,
while reading that ad on Craigslist I had a Tom-esque moment, and the
end result was I ended up on Ebay and bought this:
http://tinyurl.com/7tllafp
and then I had a moment, AFTER I completed the buy it now sale,
wondering if somehow this steel rim from a 2004 Durango was actually
going to fit. The picture shows 6 lugs, but the center hole looks small
and now I am worried. Can anyone say for sure that this rim will fit my
'99?

In other news, I now know for a fact that ProComp 33x12.50r17's will fit
on my truck, and actually rub less than the 325's do.... Yes, I didn't
typo, 33" tall and 12.5" wide of meaty rubber goodness... Too bad their
buy 3 get one free is such a scam. [You have to pay full MSRP for the
tire to be eligible, and in my case, I would have had to spend an extra
$400 to get a $350 gift card...]