Crankcase Air Filter

From: Chris Reck (chris.bulk92@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 26 2011 - 22:47:38 EST

Hi,

Wondering, does anyone know if my truck should have a Crankcase Air Filter
(Fram # BA3632). I got the part (free) and Fram says I should have one,
but I do not see it on the truck. The passenger side valve cover has the
PCV Valve, but the passenger side valve cover does not have the filter
where some of my FSB manuals say it should be.

Could it be that the 99 never had a Crankcase Air Filter?

--
Chris Reck
Naperville, IL