Re: O2 sensors

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2011 - 01:20:50 EST

On Monday 12 December 2011 13:15:58 you wrote:
> Got a '98 318 V8.
>
> The shop is putting the replacement headers & Y pipe on, wondering if as
> the mfg oils burn off, if it will ruin the o2 sensor (with 150K miles) and
> if so, what the OEM brand is, and if that's what is suggested to replace
> it with. And what about using high temp anti-size on the threads ?

I have a '01 V6 here. Tried Bosch O2 sensors and had _horrible_ results. Don't
know about your '98, but I wouldn't use Bosch again. I went with Mopar O2
sensors after that. I've heard that Walker sensors are good, too, but haven't
used them myself.

Both the Bosch and Mopar sensors came with anti-sieze on the threads already,
and a note that said not to add any more.