Brake problems

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2012 - 10:29:43 EST

Hey Cal!!
Does your cruise control work properly?? If not then it
is most likely related to the speedo feed to the PCM..
Years ago my '89 started having brake issues & I fooled
with it for months before I found the problem. Someone
on this list(I think) asked me if my Cruise was working
properly & if not, then it would be the Speedo input.
Upon checking it it was not..I had completely forgotten
about it until I read Daves response to your issues.
I replaced my Speedo input as Dave recommended &
that corrected my brake issue & my Cruise issue..
Didn't make sense to me then nor does it now, BUT!!!
If that is not the cause, then it most likely is within the
ABS circuit someplace. Might try unplugging all the
connectors & simply replugging them. Sometimes that
works to cause a corroded plug to remake contact.

Giving money and power to government is
like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Azie