Re: Re: Brake issues

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2012 - 11:28:16 EST

On 4-Jan, 2012, at 12:22 , <clhyer@cox.net> <clhyer@cox.net> wrote:

> Dave,
> We changed out the speed sensor. Is it possible to install it backwards? How did you learn that it needed to be installed this way? Was your pedal and lights reacting the way I described in my first post? This would be super if it is as easy as turning the sensor around.

It can't be installed wrong. Dave was just talking about how the superseding part faces the plug the other way.

> Mike,
> I will pull the fuse/circut breaker. What do you think I might find out here? Since the problem (or fix) resets after disconnecting the battery it doesn't seem like a circut breaker issue does it? And a blown fuse wouldn't reset either. Just wondering what I might expect or look for here.

If it's the ABS's fault as I suspect, taking the ABS's power away will work around the problem and confirm that it's the ABS. Then you can either fix it or just leave the ABS disabled as I would, and have on my Ram.

Michael Maskalans