Trouble starting when cold

From: Ted Wiegandt (twiegandt@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2012 - 09:35:05 EST

Hi all,
I have a 2002 QC with the 4.7. As the temp has gotten colder this
year (20s F), my truck has trouble starting after I drop my son off at
preschool. It is only a 3 block drive so the engine is still cold
after I get there. When I go to start it back up again it will turn
over for 3-4 seconds and then just sputter for 3-4 seconds and then
die. Sometimes it will do this 4-5 times before I can get it started.
 It always starts just fine first thing in the morning and did not
have any trouble when the weather was warmer. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ted