Re: Fm 12V to 6 V

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 - 18:37:51 EST

In article <4A9738B48DBB4D0CBAF5D06C8343828F@Maggie>, maggie11@mchsi.com ("Azie
L. Magnusson") writes:

> Get one of those wirewound resistors that MOPAR's used aback in the
> 60's/70's
> mounted on the firewall that did just that. Was bypassed in the start
> circuit to
> to get 12V to the coil, but the coin ran on 6V.. FOMOCO did the same thing
> but with a resistive wire......
>
> The problems we face today exists because the people
> who work for a living are outnumbered by those who
> vote for a living.
>
> Azie

Yeah I have those at work and was looking at them today. I might need to fool
around with them a bit to find one that drops the voltage correctly. I'm no
electrical expert, but resistance etc matters on these things, and theres a lot
of different resistor blocks in the book at work. Different ohm values. I
might go that route, cheaper it seems...

--
terribletom