Re: Exhaust, again.

Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 15:44:18 EST

Just the crappy U-clamps where you tighten down two nuts and it crushes the
pipe, or the fancier "band" style clamps that don't damage the pipe?

I'd have a shop weld it up but I don't know if they'd replace the cat with
the one I have or not unless I hit it with a hammer and said "gee, I must
have hit a rock or something". ;) I have access to a two post lift and a
MIG welder. When I've done this on other vehicles I've just tack welded
the pipes together "just in case" then used the stainless band clamps to
hold it together. That way I could take it off just by taking the clamps
off and grinding off the tack weld.

M.B.