Re: Transmission oil cooler lines

Date: Tue Mar 20 2012 - 15:53:22 EDT

The Dorman part numbers you list are the fittings that screw into the
cooler built into the radiator. Unless those are leaking you shouldn't
need to. Usually they leak where the rubber quick disconnects are
crimped to the metal line.

Most people just buy the transmission cooler lines with the normal metal
flares on the end and get normal hose nipples for cooler and use bulk
transmission cooler hose and hose clamps, it's simpler than the "quick
disconnects" and if it leaks you just replace the hose and hose clamps
rather than the entire hard line. (Like
http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-26695-624-393.aspx).

M.B.