Re: Ball joints

Date: Tue Mar 20 2012 - 16:00:07 EDT

Moog with zerks or nothing... more maintenance required but what's a
couple shots with a grease gun every oil change?

Of course it adds up when you add other grease-able items... originally
my '95 only had grease-able ball joints and the front drive shaft. Now
it has grease-able tierods x4, 2 on the idler arm and one on the pitman
arm... but at least I know they're never dry like all the tierods and
the pitman arm were when I changed them at 130k with Moog items.

Moog stuff tends to be stronger than stock. I like to use this pic to
illustrate the difference just in pitman arms:

http://moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/pitman_moog_vs_stock.jpg