Re: Re: old gas

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 28 2012 - 09:50:17 EDT

Jamie C <jamie12ga@gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a good solution, thanks.
> Does the '96 have any sort of check valve, screen or anti-siphon device in
> the neck? I assume not since you had Gen II that you probably had to do
> this to before :)

I'm not sure - but I just had to drain the gas from my '99 Cherokee
which I am pretty sure has one, I found that if I used a smaller hose,
it fit by the obstruction. If you find that it does have some sort of
anti-siphon device and a smaller hose does not work, you can probably
bypass it by dismantling the filler neck.

--
                                          -Jon-